Post Magazine have announced a sound design competition in conjunction with "Sonopedia".
Create a 30sec piece of sound design narrative using only a set of provided samples.
Rules and Info for the SONOPEDIA Sound Design Competition
• A Sound Design Narrative can consist of a sound narrative (telling a story with sound), a sonic landscape, abstract sound art, the choice is yours.
• Judging Criteria: The judges will evaluate entries based on creative use of sound effects, and structure and flow from beginning to end.
• The Winner must be prepared to describe how they created their sound narrative, such as what kinds of effects and editing techniques they used, software used, etc.
• Audio format for entries: 16-bit 44.1 kHz stereo .wav file.
• Submit entries to firstname.lastname@example.org by November 14, 2008.
• Entries over 30 seconds long not accepted. You are only allowed to use sounds included in the download package. You are not allowed to use sounds from any other source. You are allowed and encouraged to manipulate and process the sounds.